Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy Second Birthday!

So - in the midst of the whole moving process, I celebrated my 2nd Birthday. I was lucky enough to have Ong Ba Ngoai offer to host the party for me at their house. Our old house was in NO shape for a party of this magnitude. I played a little baseball with Grandpa Armstrong.
Ong Ngoai even got in on the action with me while my other grandpas watched on.
Aunt Laura hung out with me too.
Ong Ngoai REALLY wanted to see if his swing from the Tropics was up to code on the weight allotment - so he asked if Papa Cork would test it out for him. Ong Ngoai was not so sure....
Papa passed the test, but didn't seem to want to risk hanging out in it too long!
Mason and I hung out in lawn chairs after our busy afternoon.
What were we so tired from you ask!? Let's see.....we mowed the lawn.
AND we practiced our baseball moves for our future Sunday Softball League.
I also worked out on Great Aunt Karen's canes.
I am obsessed with them and she is kind enough to let me play with them.

I also helped myself to some of Papa's homemade chocolate chip MONSTER cookies that he made especially for me! I AM the birthday boy!!
Aunt Sue, Uncle Brian, Brooke, and Patrick made it to the party too after Brooke's softball game. YAY!
They hooked me up with a sweet basketball net....I LOVE it!!
Aunt Ninny decided to test the swing with her weight AND two little boys!
Then, I moved on to bowling with Dad and Grandma Armstrong. I was VERY focused!
Then Mason and I decided that it was more fun to just WALK through the nicely organized pins that Dad took time to set up. YAHOO!!! One of my favorite parts of the day was when I enjoyed some tasty Wegmans birthday cake and ice cream.
Ong Ngoai made sure I finished every bite!!
I tried to rest and digest, but I wanted to play catch with Brooke.
The grandparents seemed to have a good time together!
Grandma Armstrong, Uncle Chip, and Fenway relaxed together too!
I had a great 2nd birthday with my friends and family.

Thanks for the great gifts and for joining my celebration!

1 comment:

Drew and Luke said...

Happy Birthday Sammy! Sorry I missed it! Hope to see you soon!
Love,
Drew
:o)

Samson - The Golden Pig