Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rock Climbing Adventures

So...my Mom has told me how much she enjoys rock climbing. Here's a shot of her last year when she was a little "slimmer".
Mom brought my to the same rock climbing gym for Patrick's birthday party over the weekend. I looked on as Aunt Sue belayed Patrick. Look how high up he is!
I stuck to the ground and hung out with Brooke. Not sure why I am licking my finger - but I got in trouble for it. YUCK!
Once Patrick got down....I congratulated him on his outstanding climbing skills and wished him a happy early birthday. (YES - Patches is on his knees...I'm not THAT tall yet!)
I started nosing around the climbing gear a bit as Aunt Sue and Brooke looked on.
The whole rope/belaying system was pretty intriguing.
YUP!! Once I got sight of everyone else climbing...I wanted to climb too! Look at me go! (Do you like Mom's belly shot too!?)
I didn't make it off the ground too much.
But it was really fun trying! I called it "roping"!
More pics to come....

3 comments:

Drew and Luke said...

Great job Sammy! It looks like you had fun!
Love,
Drew

Unknown said...

I know a bit about "roping" Sam and it involves cows mostly ... when you get older I will tell you what I learned living in cow country.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Samson - The Golden Pig